Thursday, June 26, 2008

Closet Foods

It’s time to come out of the closet about those secret food items that you consume on a regular basis. You don’t bring out these foods when company comes over. You don’t openly discuss your love of these foods. But you do eat them and you do love them.

One of mine is Chef Boyardee ravioli. Hot or cold, regular size or mini ravioli, out of the can or in a bowl – I love them. I’ve been eating Chef Boyardee since I was 10 years old.

My husband eats this concoction of Rice and Peas. It is White Rice, Peas, Butter and Soy Sauce. He’s been eating this since college. He makes it about once a week.

What is your closet food? Mac and Dogs – macaroni and cheese with cut up hot dogs? Sliced cucumbers dunked in ketchup? Watermelon with salt?

Yeah…You know what I’m talkin about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd have to say "day old meat loaf, on wheat bread with a slice of cheese and ketchup and mustard." It's even better than meat loaf served right out of the oven.